To see all of the DB Cooper-related stories in the Mountain News, click here:
Join 435 other subscribers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Taxes – Accounting – Payroll
In Eatonville – (360) 832-2667
Pingback: The Hunt for DB Cooper – The Resurgent Investigation into America’s only Unsolved Skyjacking; an overview, revised | The Mountain News – WA
Pingback: The resurgent investigation of DB Cooper – An interview with chief witness Tina Mucklow | The Mountain News – WA
Pingback: DB Cooper report: Interview with Ayn Dietrich, Seattle FBI spokesperson | The Mountain News – WA
I met you at the DB Cooper symposium. I read all of your pages and pages of compelling writing on the case. I look forward to talking with you soon.
Did anything ever come of the guy who claimed his pet skunk found more of the money? And yes, that’s as ridiculous as it sounds, but I haven’t heard if it’s debunked yet.
Does the FBI have a fingerprint of Dan D.B. Cooper. If they do , then I know where another fingerprint is that they should compare it to!
AS I understand the situation, the fellow known to the Portland, Oregon PD as DB Cooper in November, 1971 was a petty criminal and convicted felon. House burglaries, I think. SO, his fingerprints should on file somewhere.
My hypothesis of identity on D.B. Cooper have just to many similarities to the inigma. Age,height,picture compared to sketch,welth(not full time job),parachutists,alias, spoke Mexican,pure elements on tie / amateur scientist and two quotes . 1) this is my death bed statement. “In case I die , the questions about me will be answered. All except one.That will die with me. 2) Money, not mere hollow empty words talk my language best “. Again, is there a fingerprint?. And could anyone get the stewardess ( Tina Mucklow ) to look at my suspect?
Suspect is now deceased.
Hi Paul, I suggest a few things:
1. Why not email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Why not come to the DB Cooper Forum and share your perspectives.
3. As for Tina, she’s unresponsive to me, but she is to others. She lives in Eugene, Oregon. Why not ask her yourself?
4. The critical fingerprints are not what the Portland PD have on their DB Cooper. What is critical are the fingerprints you have on your suspect and if anyone has found them on Flight 305. The fingerprint issue is contentious and I have heard a lot of conflicting narratives on how may fingerprints were captured, their quality, etc.
5. I’m not sure what the verbal passages mean that you’ve shared with us. What do they mean/suggest to you?
6. Lastly, have you read my book on DBC? Or Skyjack. Both will give you a fundamental understanding of the case and what has been done in the investigation.
I can’t send e- mail to email@example.com
Oops. It’s firstname.lastname@example.org. Ah those darn typos…..
I met D.B. Cooper AKA John Smith back in the early 80’s. Unless their were several guys that used to jump out of planes with money. He was definitely ex military as he was qualified for VA benefits.
As I understand the DB Cooper case there was only one suspect who reluctantly told people they were Cooper until retracting it in 1979-80. This suspect is the ONLY one who gave clear precise
details of the jump to a few trusted people. Now it is well known that recidivists lie and embellish lies to impress. liars Never give any details, they are usually short and steer clear of any such dialogue. Therefore logically the suspect that said they dropped approx 9,000 feet in freefall and then deployed the chute, using a depth finder from the money bag, loosing money on the aft stairs prier to the jump, money weight was important, it was NOT an oversite.. There are too many details to be a liar. This suspect did everything in their past they said they did. They do what they say.
Nearly all suspects have criminal records to some degree, character traits which do not fit Cooper on that plane. Cooper was not a past criminal at this point Happy to die, but gets a kick if they live.
The problem is the DB Cooper case community and all citizen sleuths is simply cannot accept this suspect because it just don’t sit pretty in the folk law, .past politics and the image of the cult hero.
So that’s why for me Dayton is the one and the only one that knows every inch of that airborne route.